New language approved on May 20, 2019 will be in effect for the 2019-2020 school year. New language is below.
ALL shorts, dresses and skirts MUST reach to the top of the knee.
Students should dress responsibly and appropriately. This means that a student may not dress in a manner that is deemed to be distracting, provocative, offensive or threatening to other students or staff. All tops must cover the midriff. Sleeveless blouses are permitted. Offending students will be issued demerits and supplied appropriate t-shirts or students’ may be required to arrange for clothes to be dropped off or go home and change. During this time they will be charged with an absence if they are missing class until they are properly dressed.
Examples of inappropriate clothing include:
- Halter tops, backless outfits, razor back top, or showing straps of any kind
- Spaghetti straps and tank tops are NEVER to be visible
- Tight short shorts and skirts which do not reach the knee
- Tops which reveal cleavage
- Outfits that reveal midriffs when standing or walking naturally
- Costumes or outfits designed to humor
- No inappropriate wording or graphics
- Military uniforms, both casual and formal, trench coats (Excluding ROTC Uniforms)
- Clothing advertising alcohol, tobacco or drug use
- Pajamas and/or slippers
- Pants with holes/rips above the knees, revealing flesh, unless a garment is worn underneath
- Shorts may be worn, but must be to the knee
- Sheer or see-through tops, especially when undergarment is visible
- Shirts that reveal the shoulder
- Leggings, jeggings, and yoga pants may be worn under a skirt, dress or shirt that reaches the knee. Those garments are NOT to be worn without covering to the knee. Zippers are required on all pants.
Note: The Principal has the final authority to determine when personal appearance does not meet expectations.